Saturday, November 3, 2012

Grateful for People who Serve

On Saturday was my son Alex's last soccer game. All season long, it was parent volunteers who left work early for practice and spent precious weekend time making sure all of our kids had a good experience, and were learning the game in a supportive environment (thank you Coach Tim!).

I realized that on any given Sunday, there are 15 people (plus!) volunteering in the children's ministry alone, so I can sit blissfully in church while they get their own time with peers and the example of other adults who love upon them.

These past few years I've come to realize that giving my money is very important. And even more valuable is my time. It takes energy and effort and time to give and to organize something the benefits others. With my money I will give something that will be spent - but with my time, I can make an impact that could last for years.

Thank you to everyone who volunteers their time to help build community and to impact the lives of others.

Where do you volunteer your time? What relationships are you investing in with purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment