Sunday, November 4, 2012

Grateful for my Church

I am so grateful today for a place where I can go to be inspired, and challenged. Here's a link to my church home in San Francisco - Cornerstone. I love this place!

Pastor Terry gave a moving message about the conversion of Saul of Tarsus - basically he was one of the biggest opponents of Christianity in its early days, and then through a encounter with Jesus, became one of the early church's most influential evangelists. This week Pastor Terry spoke about a man named Ananias who had a role to play in this story.  One point he underscored was that Ananias was open to the voice of God (though he protested the request!). 

It reminded me that if I walk through life looking for mean people, I will find them (they exist everywhere). And if I walk through life looking for the voice of God, I will also find it (it exists everywhere).  I wrote a blog post about this subject back in August - See What You Seek.

The service ended with a song I love by Matthew West - you can listen to it through this link: "Only Grace"

"There's only grace
There's only love
There's only mercy and believe me it's enough
Your sins are gone
Without a trace
And there's nothing left now
There's only grace"


No comments:

Post a Comment