Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Grateful for our trusted Sitters

In November I embarked upon a gratitude project - planning to thank someone everyday, and ideally record my musings in this blog. The process has been good for me. I think I've been intentional about calling out the good in my life, but calling out the good in other people hasn't come as easy. There still have been days when gratitude has come at the end of a long day, and I collapse into bed without having expressed thanks to someone specific.

But I try not to beat myself up. Life is like that. And tonight I'm ignoring the dishes in the sink and feeling grateful.

I've tried to make a point of thanking our mini-army of childcare providers this week. We have two trusted sitters who come regularly at this point, giving me time to look for a job and build my experience in my new chosen field. And my kids (mainly my youngest, who spends the most time with them) are happy!

They are both extremely playful and get excited about daily marathon soccer and baseball and football sessions in the park. But mostly they are responsive to my kids. I don't worry so much when I'm gone anymore. And for that there's much to be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment