Sunday, November 18, 2012

Grateful for Diane

In this month of gratitude, I am remembering a few people that have come along at the right time - to provide the encouragement and support I needed - including to shift me in a different direction.

Today I am thinking about "Teacher Diane" a City College teacher who taught a free infant/child development class at the local rec center. Each week she'd print out a helpful article that was great for dealing with sibling rivalry, or thinking big picture about the kind of parent I wanted to be. Mostly though she was just plain encouraging - in a time when I was sleep deprived, unsure of myself as a parent, and struggling to find the joy in the everyday life with two kids under three. Ultimately she led me to gain confidence in myself as a parent, and when the time came, encouraged us to explore co-op preschools - a journey that has changed the course of our family's trajectory - for the better.

Thank you Teacher Diane!

Who in your life has helped shape and encourage you? If they are still alive, can you call them or send them a note?

No comments:

Post a Comment