Monday, November 12, 2012

Grateful for Ben

Today we went to a Christmas fair (already!) and there was a petting zoo. Ben spent 15 minutes lightly petting the rabbits, with the softest touch imaginable from the boy who loves swords and Star Wars and ninja (and the fact that I've learned from your books that the plural of ninja is ninja!).

Ben you remind me that life has a duality - that spirit and fight reside together with softness. This is our essence, and when I see only one from someone, you've taught me to wait, and the other will appear if I look for it.

This week you desperately wanted me to order you pink rain pants. I ordered the black ones, assuming that once you wore them near your friends, you would change your mind. If you insist, I'll return them for the pink. Your unselfconcious days of softness are likely numbered.

Ben I am grateful for you - for the things you have taught me about myself - fierce love and a recognition that people can be many things at once. And mostly for enthusiasm to be with me when it comes - puzzles are cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment