Friday, November 16, 2012

Grateful for God

This post was going to be about my new career.

Last week I found a job. A job with a partner who values my input and experience, and is willing and able to let me work 10-20 hours a week.

Today I passed my exam. I am now officially a "Certified Salesforce Administrator". After being out of the working world for five years, it's nice to have an independent assessment that I know my stuff.

So I'm grateful for both of those things. A lot!!!

And I prayed to pass the exam, and asked for God's help (and the help of prayers from my small group). And over many months I've prayed for my work life - both for discernment about what direction I should take - and encouragement when I thought the door of the "right choice" had been mysteriously closed. Two years ago, I thought I could only pray to God for world peace and cancer (when I thought about asking God for anything). Troubling God for the little things in my daily world felt wrong.

And now, I invite God into a relationship with the little things. And I find I am so much less fearful than before. Thank you God for being in relationship. For giving me the courage to be at peace in your world. And at the same time have the confidence and clarity to ask you for my heart's desires.


1 The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. 3 Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident. 4 One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. 5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling... 8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek. 9 Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment