Sunday, November 11, 2012

Grateful for Alex

Today I am grateful for Alex (my youngest):

This week, every time I was cooking at the stove, you busted out the towel. Our neighbor told us that when her fire alarm goes off while cooking, she has waved a towel at the alarm to clear the smoke. You took it to heart. Now every time I have been cooking and you saw a hint of smoke (or steam) you busted out the towel and started waving it above your head - not neccessarily near the alarm, but the intention was clear.  I love you little man, and you meant in your most earnest four-year-old way to help me!

For snuggles in bed, for towel waving, for puddle-jumping and pony-riding and general earnestness - thank you Alex for the richness you bring to my life and my world. I love you little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment