Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It Only Takes One...

I was watching a movie the other night called "Long Life, Happiness and Prosperity". It was about a girl who is desperately trying to set up her single mom with a husband. She tries all sorts of Chinese magic tricks from her book, and things do happen (some might call it magic, I call it God). What struck me the most about the story was the deep faith of that little girl. Despite resistance from her mom, friends and neighbors, she persevered in her goal. And you know what? Her faith was enough to make the universe spin.

It was a good reminder that sometimes I am too focused on getting others in step with me when I want to see a big change. If only you did the following three things, well then you'll be happier.  And the more I focus on what they need to do, or how I could change them, the less I focus on me and what I can do.

And I've realized that my faith alone is enough to make the change I need. It may not be the change I seek, but when I ask God change will come, of that I am certain. Like the girl in the movie, I can have enough hope and prayers and joy for all of us.

I know that my faith is enough to move mountains in my universe, but it's always nice to have a good word along the way. This week I got to spend some time with my new friend Zohary and she confessed that when she did a survey one of his spiritual gifts was "encouragement".  It was so appropriate for her - in little ways that she may not even realize she has encouraged me to be a more giving spouse, a budding writer, and someone to be accountable to for my goals.

So tonight God I pray that I continue to know that my faith is enough to bring joy and peace to myself and our family. I also pray that I can be the one to encourage another, in ways both large and small.  It only takes one.

1 comment:

  1. Sister! I hope you know what a blessing you are to me. You are such an inspiration and I bet you don't even realize it. It's so easy to find words of encouragement for you because you are already so fabulous :) But mostly because I KNOW the Lord is doing amazing things in your life and even greater than that. . .I know you're letting HIM. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete