Wednesday, April 25, 2012

When Grumpy, Go on Retreat

Today I am grumpy. I'm tired of being a "stay-at-home" mom who leaves at 8:00 am and doesn't get home until 3:30 pm. I shaved my head again this morning, and it's been constantly itching. Our house is a mess. The laundry monster won't go away. I'm resentful at everyone - my kids, my husband, my status at home, all the things that I haven't gotten done.

And so I'm especially grateful that tomorrow I'm going on a women's retreat with my church. Time in the woods, time away, time to sleep in, time to eat food that other people have cooked, and time to nuture myself. Bliss!

I know that I'll feel less angry tomorrow. Or at least I hope I will. But I've realized that there's one important thing I've learned from my sons - they can go from throwing themselves and their toys against the wall in pure frustration to dancing across the rug, in about a half an hour. So I try not to beat myself up for feeling grumpy. I'm just trying to breathe, and not dwell in the dark place, but to let it pass in its time.

1 comment:

  1. lately i have learned how important it is to just feel what you feel. no judgment, no blame of oneself, no gratitude journals when i don't feel like being grateful. you get to feel it. and then it seems to always pass and i feel grateful again. enjoy your retreat! xo

    ReplyDelete