Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The winding road

I am staying up in the mountains on vacation with my boys this week. We've been driving to and from our cabin to the lake each day through a series of winding turns and roads. Every morning I've been able to drive down the hill and find my way without too much difficulty. And every afternoon on the way home I've gotten lost.

To me, it just looks a LOT different on the way back up. Roads I didn't notice veering off on the way down suddenly seem like the right turn on the way back up. Luckily I had my map. And today getting home was a bit easier.

I realized that when things get hard for me in life it's easy to get sidetracked. Diversions that I didn't notice before now seem important. But perhaps the opposite is just as true: when I'm cruising downhill I don't even notice the roads I'm supposed to take. I think that finding God is always easier for me in the rough patches since I'm usually paying more attention - and I need God more too.

After two sleepless nights out of pure excitement, I think I'll finally be able to rest tonight. It looks like (fingers crossed) our family will be moving to a new home in the middle of the woods in San Francisco. Jeff and I joked that we needed a "country house" but instead what we really dreamed about was a country house in the middle of the city. The house's disclosures listed "a family of four coyotes that sometimes comes into the backyard". Awesome.

Thank you God for answered prayers and the abundance of life. Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, you are moving! That's so exciting Megan! Do you have any photos of the house/yard? In the woods in the middle of the city sounds AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete