Monday, December 31, 2012

A bit lonely on New Year's

Today I was feeling grumpy all day. In the morning because my stomach hurt and I didn't seem to be well-nourished, and then later, just tired and all-around grumpy.

And then it hit me. I'm feeling lonely.

I have a great husband who is cooking one of my favorite dinners (stuffed shrimps), two amazing boys who give me spontaneous hugs even when I grump on them (if that's not grace, don't know what is!) and I'm feeling lonely.

So I called a good friend. Then I called another. Then I texted one. Then I left another message.

My friend Megan said it best "Every year, New Year's sneaks up on me." Christmas is full of anticipation and planning, and then New Year's arrives for me, with no plans in place.

I'm feeling better now. I connected with a couple of friends. Snuggled with my boy on the couch, and chatted with my husband. We'll be asleep before midnight most likely.

And next year? I'll figure out some ritual to end the year. Keiko suggested burning paper. Love it.

I've got lots to catch up my readers on this coming year - owl autopsy results, plans and dream manifestation.

Wherever I am tonight, it's okay to feel what I am feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment